Beyond 10 Streets
Beyond 10 Streets is an innovative community development project that works alongside South Dunedin residents to create a strong, resilient, vibrant community. Our community development worker ensures that all ideas and initiatives come from the residents themselves. Their job is to develop leadership potential among residents, connect residents with each other, encourage their ideas, support their efforts, and provide access to external resources. Key to this is assisting the community with their solutions, rather than doing things for them.
Beyond 10 Streets will ultimately create a powerful community organisation in South Dunedin that will operate sustainably, without the Mission's assistance.
- Identification and development of community leaders
- Support structures to combat social isolation
- Community resources and public spaces
- Vibrant community events and activities
- Strengthened local identity among residents
- Increased participation in local decision making processes
- Support for local businesses and institutions
Beyond 10 Streets is funded by Otago Community Trust and Mercy Hospital Charitable Outreach.