The Mission Supporters' Club
Methodist Mission Southern works to create positive, sustainable change for individuals and families throughout Otago and Southland. While we currently achieve a lot, we will achieve even more with your support.
The Mission Supporters Club is your opportunity to be a part of this change process. There are options for individuals, businesses, and church groups to be involved. Your support will be helpful and very much appreciated, whatever the level. It will make a difference in someone’s life, we promise!
As well as financial contributions, you may have an opportunity to provide feedback on new ideas and proposals, adding a breadth of experience and passion to our work.
We'll keep you up to date on new projects, progress on existing projects, successes to celebrate, and areas where we need your help. Some of this will be via social media, some will be through e-newsletters and sometimes we’ll even shout you morning or afternoon tea so we can share stories in person, and to thank you for partnering with us.
The Mission aims to make giving easy with different vehicles for donation such as our Givealittle page, and pre-formatted Automatic Payment forms. The Givealittle page also offers regular giving via payroll if that’s your preference.
Good things come with giving
- Participate in creating positive change
- Be part of a community of membership via social media
- Get regular updates on projects via email and webpages
- Attend Supporters’ Club events, to connect with other supporters and hear more about the impact of your generosity
- Receive an Individual Supporters’ Pack (Mission Supporters’ Club jute tote bags, window decals, pens, detailed information on our programmes)
- Supporters’ Club only walk-throughs or site visits
- Get involved through volunteering e.g. at Youth Transition Home
Ways you can give
- Regular contribution via payroll, Givealittle or automatic payment
- Goods or services where appropriate
- A one-off donation
- A specific bequest when making your will
- Sponsorship opportunities with name-association for particular programmes – high profile recognition on Mission website and reciprocal use of Mission logo and materials on site for your business
- Regular contributions with business recognition/logo on Mission website, and use of Mission logo on business website to show linkages
- Providing goods or services - with business recognition/logo on Mission website, and use of Mission logo on business website to show linkages
- Promote individual staff contributions via payroll giving
- Focussed fundraiser based in the business for staff team-building (proceeds to a Mission project)
- One-off donation (for example one month’s GST refund)
- Regular contribution for a particular project
- Regular contribution for the Misison as a whole
- Goods and skills contributed - e.g. maintenance at Youth Transition Home
- On-going prayer support and encouragement
- Participate in a feedback group for new ideas and projects
- Parish fundraiser with a particular Mission as focus
- One-off donation from Parish as a whole